The History of Askett Nurseries
Askett Nurseries is owned and run by Simon & Alison Cheetham, and stands on the old site of CC Dillon & Co, a garage and petrol station opened by Simon’s grandfather back in the 1930’s.
Simon & Alison began trading in January 1990, initially growing and selling herbs, then bedding and perennials before evolving into what Askett Nurseries is today.
The ethos has always been to offer the highest quality plants and gardening products available, with the addition of excellent customer service.
Askett Nurseries is proudly independent, with no desire or intention to become another corporate style big site garden centre.
In 2014 the addition of The Potting Shed café now means customers are able to stop by for a cup of tea and a bite to eat whilst browsing amongst the plants.